Sunday, August 23, 2015

Bon Voyage Pia!







One thing I am learning very quickly about Germany is that it rains a lot. I had rained for 3 days straight so far, very annoying biking to school in the morning. I had a very good week overall though. I spoke at the Rotary Club meeting for one minute in German and had tutoring lessons.

I am really enjoying my school classes right now. As suspected there are some teachers who are so helpful and friendly, they want to ensure I learn in their class, while others act as if I am wasting their time in class. I really like my Religion class right now, which I find surprising considering I never had a Religion class back home in Canada. My teacher is an amazing teacher. He gives me both English and German handouts so I can understand what we are working on and he always makes sure I understand what we are doing in that class.

My History teacher is also a wonderful teacher. He gave me some German books at work on in class instead of sitting there struggling to understand the lessons

My host family and I went into Düsseldorf on Friday for dinner. We ate at an amazing Chinese food restaurant where you build your plate with different meats and vegetables. The cooks will then fry it and bring it to your table. It was one of the best restaurant meals I have had ever.

My host sister, Pisa, left on Saturday for her year in Ecuador. We were up at 3 AM to see her off. I hope she has an amazing time there, I have only been in Germany for 3 weeks and I love it already.

No comments:

Post a Comment