Today I went into town with my host father to register as a citizen living in Willich. The process was very quick, we had to give copies of passports, guarantee forms and passport photos. We also met up with another inbound student, Nicole, who comes from Peru.
I also signed up for a bank account here in town. My hand is cramped from all the papers I have had to sign. Nicole and I then drove to my school, St. Bernhard Gymnasium. The school is giant compared to mine back home.
The school has 5 school buildings, all filled with classrooms. There is one main building for offices, a cafeteria, a church and 2 sport buildings. I really like the look of the school, it has a lot of character. I met with the Q1 teacher representatives. Q1 is the same thing as grade 11 back home, so although I am actually a 12th grade student, I have grade 11 classes here. The only difference for me is that I will be 1-2 years older then the rest of the kids in my grade.
Here at my school, each student in Q1 has 2 majors. These are classes that you will have more often then the rest, you may have these classes 4 times a week. My 2 majors are History and English. The remaining classes you may only have 1-2 times a week, the are minor courses. I also have Fitness, Badminton, French, Biology, Geography, German, Art and Religion.
Nicole and I live in the same town, Willich, however she lives in another area, roughly an hour away, so she does not attend the same school. I did visit her school, it was very modern compared to mine.


No comments:
Post a Comment