Today was my first day in Germany. I left Toronto at 6:00 PM and arrived at the Düsseldorf airport at 9:00 AM. My host father, sister, Rotary club president and 2 other exchange students were there to welcome me. They had 2 signs, both the Canadian and German flags and a Rotary flag. They were very friendly and sweet, which I was grateful for considering how tired I was from my flight.
The first thing we did to start the day was a small tour of Willich, the town I will be staying in. It is very small, much like my hometown, but I really like it. There are tons of small historic homes scattered around town. Many of the homes are 40-50 years old in the main town. We then headed home to have breakfast. The home is absolutely beautiful. In backs onto a field, so far we have seen 2 hares and 2 wild cats, and it's only day 1! 😺After unpacking and touring the home, I was exhausted. I had not been able to sleep during my flight because of the noise, so I was ready to drop. However, my host sister, Pia, insisted we go for a bike ride. She took me into the centre of town, to some of the shops and to the school I will be attending. We also stopped at an ice-cream store, they have some amazing ice cream.
I finally got to meet my host mother, she had to work so she could not pick me up at the airport. My host family was very welcoming and I look forward to my year with them.



No comments:
Post a Comment